- Everyone is entitled to be treated with respect and to have their voices heard. Harassment of any type, derogatory comments, and offensive behaviour are not tolerated.
- To help maintain a tan inclusive atmosphere, new members of the laboratory are required to go through the Workplace Violence and Harassment Prevention training course. Group members are all encouraged to get training on GBA+, and unconscious bias.
- Women, First Nations, Metis and Inuit persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and members of LGBTQ2+ communities are welcome in the group and strongly encouraged to inquire about positions in the group.
- Everyone must complete the safety training and follow the safety procedures at all times.
- Everyone is expected to honour time commitments and to accept responsibility for their actions.
And finally, remember that research is fun. While rules can feel, at times, like an intrusion, respect for one another, and for the importance of safety, will ensure that everyone will be able to enjoy together the feeling of discovering something new.